Monday, February 28, 2011

My Personal Statement

I am an introvert person but I always wish that I could perform for my audience, stand on the stage with the light spotting on me and hear the claps from the audience. When I was in primary school, I still remember that the teacher ask for the main character of the play. I just not brave enough to raise my hand and the role has been taken. My role in that play was being a tree. I was very happy to act as a tree although I am not the main character.

After a few years, being an actress was a dream for me. Until I entered UCSI University, I met a friend who always helps me. She asked what I am going to do after graduate in UCSI and I always said ‘I don’t know’. Until one day I saw the flyer she gave me and I read the course description, I feel interested to performing again. I tell myself if I am not going to do this, I will regret for my life. Therefore, I decide to talk to my parents and tell them that I wanted to change course. I feel that it is so different when I have goal in my life.

In the performing arts course, I will learn about skills of acting, directing, stage managing, lighting, and the use of video tool. This diploma course takes 2 years to complete and half a year of internship. This course covers two field of study which includes the theater and filmmaking foundation. I will experience on-stage, behind-the-scenes, in front of the camera and behind the camera.

I apply for the performing arts course because I want to perform and I want to learn more than what I know. I want to entertain people and I know we will easily change our mood after watching some movies. For myself, I will watch comedy movies and shows if I was in bad mood. I usually do that to myself and I find that my mood becomes better although my problem has not solved yet. Sometimes when I feel that I wanted to cry but my tears just could not fall, I will watch some sad movies so that my tears will fall and I will feel better after falling tears.

I think this performing arts course is suitable for me because I had tried to make a short clip myself using some basic video maker software. Therefore I hope that I can learn more complicated and more professional short movies making.

I started my ballet lesson and piano lesson since young. I have Royal Academy of Dance certificate and The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music certificate. Although the performing arts course do not have dance and music subjects but I believe that both of this skills will help me to improve my confidence when I perform ballet on stage.

I was a prefect in my high school and the head of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Club. I represent my high school in the MSSMKL Rhythmic Gymnastics Competition. I won a few medals in the competition. I was also an Editorial Board member in my high school.

After I graduate in the performing arts course, I will continue my studies aboard. I will major in acting. I wanted to study aboard because I want to explore more out of my hometown. I also wanted to have different experience in different place with different culture.

- Angeline -

No comments:

Post a Comment