Sunday, February 27, 2011

A statement

I have worked in three different countries, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and England. First of all, I finished my high school where i qualified as a mechanic, then, I went to the Egyptian Army for two and half years, where I played Handball for the Army team. Also, in Egypt after I finished the Army I worked as a driver for an English construction company. my second job was a driver at an English Oil company. Then, I got a job in Saudi Arabia to work as a sales man for an American company. After that, I went back to Egypt to work as a buyer for a French company. Finally, in December 1998 I went to England. I started there with some small jobs, then I got a job at First Direct Bank in Leeds, from 1999 until 2010.

Sawah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sawah

    You've certainly had a variety of jobs. Handball is a very small sport in New Zealand, but once when I was teaching in a high school, I had to manage the handball team. I just liked it because the national players used to come and coach the team! Was your time in the army compulsory military service, or by choice?

    I want to re-write some of this here because I think you are capable of using some more sophisticated structures to connect your ideas. Compare this to yours.

    I have worked in three different countries, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and England. After finishing high school, I qualified as a mechanic, then, I served in the Egyptian Army for two and half years, where I played Handball for the army team. I also worked in Egypt as a driver, for an English construction company and an English Oil company. My next job was in Saudi Arabia working as a salesman for an American business. Back in Egypt, my next position was as a buyer for a French company.

    Notice that I have tried to use synonyms so you don't repeat words like 'company' and 'job'.

    Do you use the spell check Sawah? I think you do, but perhaps it doesn't check the titles for you. Notice: Ambition / Statement. I corrected the 'ambition' one for you!

    Thanks for writing so regularly on the blog. Do you also read other students' writing? I think that could also help you.

    See you on Monday!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete