Thursday, February 24, 2011

Self-Introduction

Hi, my name is Ang Wai Sim Angeline. 'Ang' is my surname or family name. 'Wai Sim' is my chinese name and 'Angeline' is my other name. I am Malaysian Chinese and I am from Seri Kembangan, Malaysia.

My hobbies are searching Internet, online chatting, watching television, playing piano and outdoor activities.

My primary school was SJK (c) Confusion which is a Chinese school and my secondary school was SMK(p) Pudu, government school, which was an English school. After I done my SPM, Malaysian Certificate of Education, I had been chosen for the Malaysian National Service. I spent less than three months in Geo Cosmo Camp, Behrang. I start my first college in UCSI University after my National Service. I was studying music in UCSI for a year. I learn a lot in UCSI. Not only about music studies but also my life. I started to think why am I in UCSI for music. After sometimes of considering and helps from my friends, I decide to change course. I am going to Sunway University for Diploma in Performing Arts.

I stay with my paternal grandparents ,parents and my siblings. I have a elder sister, two younger sister and a younger brother. I speaks Cantonese with my family. I learn to write, read and speak Mandarin in my primary school. My ancestors are Hokkien but I do not know how to speak hokkien. I can speak Malay also because I was studying in government school.
These are my background and personal information. Thank you.

- Angeline -

2 comments:

  1. Hello Angeline,

    Did you enjoy National Service? Maybe you could write something about your experience as we hear a lot about it but it's not often that I meet someone who has done it!

    It's also brave to change course when you know that it might not be right for you!

    Good structure and well organised. Have a look at the third paragraph. Can you use linkers to make the sentences flow better by being longer and more connected? You have done this really well in a few of your sentences in the final paragraph.

    Grammatically, you should focus on your tenses. You're talking about the past and the present so look at each verb and see whether the tense you have chosen matches the situation. I'm teaching you Wednesday so maybe try to correct the tenses before then so that we can have a chat about it after class.

    See you Wednesday!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun in National Service but at the end of the programme it was bored because most of the activities had done at the beginning of the programme. I ate six times a day in the camp. I like the outdoor activities such as flying fox and camping in the forest. I met new friends there from different places in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete