Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It is difficult to learn new languages. (Tynara)


I used to study German when I was at primary school, but I can’t understand it. Nowadays, I only can read and remember a few words. I couldn’t hear or read in German, because in Kyrgyzstan we didn’t use to have foreign TV channels and my teacher was non-Germany-speaking. As Mary said you can’t study languages unless you hear or read.
I didn’t find English and German difficult grammars, but when I learn them I understood that many thinks I have to just memorize.
And finally it needs the time and money, however, if you want to study new language very hard you can find the time and money.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tynara

    You obviously want to learn English because you find time (and money) when you're so busy!

    Let me rewrite the last two sentences so you can notice the differences.

    See you on Monday
    Mary


    I don't find English and German grammar difficult, but when I was learning German, and now I'm learning English, I realise that there are many things I just have to memorize.
    Finally, you need time and money to learn a new language. However, if you really want to study the new language, you will be able to find the time and money.

    (Actually this last part is repetitive so this might be better ... You need time and money to learn a new language, but if you really want to learn you will find a way.)

    ReplyDelete