Sunday, April 10, 2011

About me

Hello classmates and Emma,my name is Kristy. I'm a friendly person. My interests are foods,pets,beauty,surfing the internet mainly facebook and my e-mail. I'm now learning flower arrangement and I've learnt to do a few beautiful arrangements. In future, my friends can order flowers from me too and I would love to do that for my friends.

The reason that I enter this academic reading and writing course is because I want to learn proper and effective ways of reading texts,doing research and assignments and writing essays. This is essential for me to prepare for my university studies.

Last year when I enrolled in bachelor degree course which I did not complete,I have serious difficulties in doing research for project,referencing,writing essays and reading texts from various books. I don't know where and how to find proper resources and information relating to my project and essays. I don't know what is a journal and how to do referencing. Everytime when I want to do assignments,I need to read so many long texts from many textbooks and reference books which I often don't have enough time and the process is super tiring and boring! I also don't know how to select books from the library to suit to my studies.

I'm totally not used to self-independence study used in university. I hope that from this course I can learn effective study skills for use in university environment,read articles fast,know how to do research and referencing,building good essays and reports,interpret and analyse information.

Sorry for the long post! I would like to make friends with all my classmates too! Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Kristy,

    Juliana is also interested in facebook so why not become friends and then you can continue to practise even after this course has finished?

    I think that the reading skills should help you with your studies. A quick tip is to read the introduction and conclusion of a book so get the main ideas or arguments. The contents page will help you locate which chapters to read about specific topics and the index page at the back allows you to narrow down even further your information search. When studying at university we actually read very few books from start to finish, except those for general pleasure and interest in the topic. In your studies, it's more about dipping into different books.

    See you in class.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete