Sunday, July 10, 2011

Andrew here!

Hello(a big hug)
My name is Lim Boon Hong,and I would like people to call me Andrew!

I'm definitely a malaysian, and I have been staying in here since I was born!
I come from a Traditional Chinese family,and now staying with my parents and my sibling- 2 elder brother and a younger sister.

I'm an Accounting and Finance student,and I have been studying in Taylor University for 2 years so far. Accounting is one of my favourite subject, and my ambition is to become a professional accountant. Hopefully i going to complete my degree in 2012, and I think it will be my good beginning of my career after my graduation! (pray)

I have been learning English when I was a child (6 years old if I'm not mistaken)......actually i found it would not be too hard! However, since I seldom to practice my speaking and writing skill (You should know, I'm came from a Chinese Family and I was studying in Chinese Independent School) ,my english became worse during my secondary school period.

After I'm taking my degree, I have found out I need to find a way to improve English as fast as I can, It is because of my 2nd year of assignment marks was deteriotated since I was not able to understant the academic arcicles clearly. Besides that, compared to my English Background course mate's work, my essay might be too surface and lack of writing skill to attract my marker to continue his/her reading.....T.T

Not only for reading and writing skill, my speaking skill could be said....it is very poor enough!
I could have to express my whole opinion, however my confident level have brought me down to unable to speak to the public. In additiona, due to my limited vocabulary, I've always found no words to put inside the shot hole of the sentense

That's the reason I need to improve my English, and I decided to join British Council!

Good luck for our english's learning voyage!!

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    This is informal writing so it is hard for me to say why your marks in your assignments have fallen. You have a lot of informal language and punctuation, which is fine here but wouldn't be in a uni essay. You have certianly divided this into sensible paragraphs. We'll be looking at the structure of academic paragraphs so that should help.

    The vocabulary and reading skills that we study should help with academic articles.

    Do you have a good grammar book? Hewings' Advanced Grammar is good and probably suitable for you. Another good grammar book that is a bit easier is Murphy's Grammar in Use.

    See you tomorrow.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete