Sunday, July 10, 2011

About me - KAY

Hi, Emma.

My name is kay, this is my second course in British Council. I did General English - intermediate 1 on two weeks before.

I came to here is to improve my English because I found my English is weak and need to get more improvement during this semester break. I am currently studying at Taylor's University, doing accounting and finance course. My semester break will be end on 25 September, so I really hope to improve as much as I can in this holiday.

Besides, one year more I will complete my degree and graduate. Nowadays, most of the career requires the candidate have good command in English, so this is the best timing and chance for me to improve my English before going for work.

I like to watch F1, I spent a lot of time in watching the news, for instance 2 hours a day. This sport is really interesting, not only about the cars or drivers, it is more about how the team director set their strategics and win the race.

I hope this course will really teach me more about reading skill, which I have big problem on. I have to read a lot of articles or journals before I start the assignment. Most of the time, I can't understand what is those article talk about and unable to finish large number of reading.

So, I will pay full attention and learn the way to read through an article or journal effectively and efficiently.

Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Kay,

    Wow! My third accountant on this course! I could have used you guys for the last tax submission!!

    I hope our skimming and scanning lessons help you to cope with your large reading load. Yes, the trick at university is to know which references to read intensively, which to read the introduction and / or conclusion, and when to scan and skim.

    See you tomorrow!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete