Thursday, September 29, 2011

applying for a scholarship in UK--Abdulhameed Mahfadi

notice: This personal statement is real and I'm gonna apply in the next 2 weeks.

Q: please give a personal statement below explaining why you want to study at Queen's university Belfast and how your chosen degree programme will help you achieve your future plans.

One can't deny the importance of traveling abroad weather it's for studying, working or even for tourism. Therefore, it was advisable for me to travel abroad for building up my experiences, and this is what occurred indeed in the past 10 months. I came to Malaysia last year and till now I'm gaining a bunch of manners, attitudes and experiences that in turn alter my personality and behaviors dramatically for better.

For me, this journey is an amazing bonus that I would have never ever obtained it if I stayed studying in Yemen. Until now, I have met and lived with hundreds of students whose various characters yielded to exchange our cultures, understand each other and learn from each other. Once I spent this period of time I thought that I'm good enough to just go in life myself, however, day by day I discovered that I'm in need to meet each individual around the world to graduate from school life and this is, unfortunately, improbable.

Secondly, I strongly believe that studying in UK will definitely assist me fulfilling my future plan because, I aspire to specialize in architecture field consequently, no one can deny the essential location of UK among the global civilization, particularly the Europeans. Due to the cosmopolitan society and the fine arts that are characterized by UK, my desire is to study there becomes stronger and stronger and stronger because, living in such environment will incredibly help me to be successful in my major that is based on generating unique ideas and projects in order to be distinguished throughout the whole world so, I tend to be in the source of creativity which UK.
Furthermore, I'd adore to be in UK for practicing English Language that I'm in love with it, particularly the Queen's accent. It's an amazing opportunity for me just being in a society that is fulled by a Native English Speakers which results on achieving two purposes:
1- to find out the weaknesses of my English through find the keys that in turn enable me to be as a native speaker.
2- being perfect in English is a dormant weapon within my mind that in turn enhance my abilities in many different aspects in my studying, job and whole life.

To sum it all up, it's crystal clear that everyone has a dream and he will go as far as he can to accomplish it. However, no one knows we are , as a Yemeni students whom are studying abroad, the dream of our country. we took a promise on our selves that we are gonna develop Yemen at any cost, and none obstacles will even stop us because we strongly believe that the sky is the limit.

3 comments:

  1. I like this sentence: "Therefore, it was advisable for me to travel abroad for building up my experiences";

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this sentence which shows somehow unrlevant: "Once I spent this period of time I thought that I'm good enough to just go in life myself, however, day by day I discovered that I'm in need to meet each individual around the world to graduate from school life and this is, unfortunately, improbable.

    "

    ReplyDelete
  3. "One can't deny" is very formal and old fashioned. Try "The importance of .... can't be denied".
    Also: " I would have never ever obtained" - we tend not to write "never ever" - only for speaking. Just "never" is enough.
    Otherwise good - you address your reasons for wanting to do the course well.

    ReplyDelete